Pictiva 288x48 OLED library

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumotoy

I come across this obsolete display in the ebay market, probably dismissed because a failure in design. OSRAM decided to use a 288 wide display with a 96x64 RGB controller so they linked the each r,g,b pixel to obtain 288. At the end it works but it's a challenge to use it! It's high quality OLED, nothing compares to the shitty chinese stuff around, made of glass and really bright.
It was really costly but now if you are luky (as me) you can find as NOS for as low as 2.50Euros, unfortunatly it needs an extra supply (very low current) for display between 12->14V but logic and main stuff are 3V3.
Since I love to bring to life old or dismissed stuff I've created a library for it that works really well with Teensy:
https://github.com/sumotoy/OLED_pictivaWide

CIMG5416.png

With a lot of patience I was able to address all main problems, now I can write Text with different fonts (and even create new ones), send icons, animations and draw vertical and horizontal lines but because of the failure in design don't expect circles or arbitrary lines! The horizontal mapping uses 3 pixels so even write arbitrary pixels it's almost impossible.
But library allow you to do the usual stuff like text and even animations, I have created also support for vertical/horizontal VU bars so it's nice to use in many projects and thanks the high quality and cheap price it's a pleasure for the eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back