Teensy 3.2 , USB B connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjohnsmith

want to put some Teensys into a small box,

but must have a USB B connector , not a mini , or micro but that big strong square thing.

The standard adapter cable is WAY too big.

I have seen some where over the last month a board that has one of the USB B connectors on it, that solders to the underside of a teensy 3.2 and picks up the usb pads,

BUT

I lost the link, and can not find it.

Any one know of such a board, or do I have to make one ?

thanks

This cable is the normal solution:

If the Micro-B side won't fit, perhaps cut it off and solder the wires directly to the bottom side.

cable_usb_panel_micro.jpg

thanks Paul

Seen them on your site,
great things, but not for this customer,
If I remember the box mount connector above is wider than the Teensy 3.2, which only just fits in the box width the customer has.

I'll keep looking, it was link on one of the hobbyist board maker sites, I just cant remember where,
looks like they are going to have to make their own,

thank you macaba

its up to the clients if they go for it or not,
but I can but recommend it as it saves them the layout time,
but you know that 'not invented here thing !! ' is what were always fighting.

I had enough problem getting this client to use teensy not spin their own / write their own loader !!!!!

I had enough problem getting this client to use teensy not spin their own / write their own loader !!!!!

For a low number of IO, the teensy design is easy to do a custom 2 layer board. If using most/all the IO then I'd agree with sticking with using the Teensy 3.2.
I know the problem well though; "we pay this PCB layout guy a salary, so we must make work for him instead of using the off-the-shelf product you recommended!"

We do sell this chip, so you can make your own PCB without having to reinvent the software side too.

http://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02.html

Of course, if you want to reinvent everything, you certainly can. But a sane plan might be to use this chip in the meantime, so you can start making your boards while you're still working on the software side. Usually software ends up taking a lot longer than anticipated....

thanks Paul

did see that, and inquired,

but that would put the s/w side of the companies nose out, "if hardware can build a new board, we can do better sw than THIS "..

not worth the arguments !!!

but I said nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back