EagleCAD board (.brd) file for Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringfire

I have seen several threads on the forum that lead to the Eagle Libs page, and/or provide links to custom Teensy .lbr files, but I am wondering if there exists an EagleCAD board file. I am in the process of 3D modelling several components for a project I am pursuing, the Teensy 3.2 being one of them, and would find the board files super useful.

Thanks,
Aaron

Thanks, Constantin...I found your Teensy 1.1 library on another thread and it looks very useful for pin locations and board outer dimensions...

do you know if a board file exists that has the trace information and pads for the other components (resistors, capacitors, etc...) I am not an expert EagleCAD user, but it looks like that information is not included in the library you posted.

Thanks again for the great start, if I can't find what I'm after I'll likely dive in and make it myself....ahhh, learning.

Aaron

do you know if a board file exists that has the trace information and pads for the other components (resistors, capacitors, etc...) I am not an expert EagleCAD user, but it looks like that information is not included in the library you posted.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that information is publicly available. Paul can't unveil all his secrets! :)

AFAIK, that info is not public and I doubt it ever will be. I only operate on 2-layer PCBs for my DIY boards and I follow Pauls schematic pretty consistently.

Ahh...I suspected that might be the case, which is totally cool, so grateful for all of Paul's efforts to offer the Teensy 3. Ok, I will measure the board and the placement of all of its elements carefully, model it in 3D and offer the model back to the community in a couple of days. The 3D models of the other components that I have modeled have been super helpful in creating custom enclosures and prototypes.

Thanks for all of the help! Great community!

aaron

Ahh...I suspected that might be the case, which is totally cool, so grateful for all of Paul's efforts to offer the Teensy 3. Ok, I will measure the board and the placement of all of its elements carefully, model it in 3D and offer the model back to the community in a couple of days. The 3D models of the other components that I have modeled have been super helpful in creating custom enclosures and prototypes.

It might be hard to get the traces underneath the chip, unless you sacrifice a Teensy and desolder the chip (and/or components). I believe the Teensy 3.2 is 4 layers with ground and power planes in the middle (but I could be wrong).

Thanks, joe_prince. I'm not looking to reverse engineer the board, but rather to get a fairly accurate 3D Model of the whole board with components in order to design and visualize prototypes that use the Teensy 3.x

I'm sure I would learn a ton by dissecting it further...perhaps in the future if that doesn't break any rules ;)

aaron

I don't see taking apart a board as breaking the rules... as long as it's your property. Given the schematic being available online, I don't see the benefit of reverse-engineering the board.

As far as the 3D visualization, that's neat.... you could use the extant pins and pads as a guide re: where to set all the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back