Setting up Teensy sketch folder vs Ardunio sketch folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfresh737

I think part of my problem when trying to run sketches, is that I get them mixed up. By that I mean sometimes I will run a sketch on an Ardunio Uno board, and then I will run the same sketch on my Teensy 3.2 or LC board. I know how to choose which board you are using in the Ardunio IDE, but often times I get compiler errors due to the wrong libraries being referenced or missing.

So, I guess what I'm asking is this: is there a recommended folder structure where I can put my Teensy sketches and keep them separate from my Ardunio sketches? Or is that thinking all wrong and it doesn't matter where a given sketch is located? Should I have separate folders for working with Ardunio sketches vs Teensy sketches?

I'm confused about this.

Thanks for any help...

Well for sketches, just have separate folders, or use a naming scheme that includes Teensy/Arduino, if it is targeted to a specific machine.

The issue is libraries that are in the Teensy release, but not in the Arduino release. On my Linux system, I have the libraries in a separate directory, and I wrote a perl script to build the ~/Arduino directory that either contains the extra libraries needed for Arduino, or does not include them. When I switch processors, I just go back to shell mode, rerun the make-arduino perl script with the correct option to include/remove the libraries.

Alternatively, rename the libraries for Arduino so they don't use the standard names, and change your source.

You want to use at least 1.6.3 of the Arduino support, because that will tell you when you have duplicate libraries (thanks to Paul for writing this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back