Last of my public apologies, pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

robsoles

EDIT: Sorry, below is obviously not well written - I am OK, if I was still at my weakest I would still just be staying away (basically). - BUT, thanks for being concerned; honestly - I have been well taken care of and have barely suffered even a little aside from embarrassment and a tiny little bit of depression n stuff.

I fell down and let lots of people down, in my own opinion more than others I have also apologised for.

I am recovering. I let some people down here (again, my opinion at least) and figure I may as well broadcast some kind of apology.

To ALL: Thanks for not being unkind while I was least equipped {apparently} to deal with it - if anybody wrote anything unkind then 1) I don't blame them. 2) I haven't come across it.

Delete this if you like, PJRC reps, going to work on making this my last ever apology; as unlikely it seems I will avoid feeling like I should till I <snip-replaced> cannot play on any more.

I will become more active here soon. Last thing about this: Don't worry about me! (makes me feel at least a bit bad when I determine people are doing that :D)

Last edited:
I will become more active here soon. Last thing about this: Don't worry about me! (makes me feel at least a bit bad when I determine people are doing that :D)

Hi Rob,
Actually, your post does worry me. Are you OK?

There is nothing to apologize for. We all contribute where and when we can. Sometimes life gets in the way and we all understand that. Be well!

Last edited:
hmmm. OK. Clearly I done it wrong then - the fact that I feel strong enough to apologise is (imho, at least) fair indicator that I am practically completely recovered from whatever detailed description I could give of what was not OK for me.

(facepalm) re-reading this one I sense it isn't good enough either (chuckle).

I really quite like a few community (behaviour, obvious decency, attitudes etc) members and I love Paul & Robin and I remain convinced I said (wrote, smart-alecs :p) stuff that I did not deliver on (yet) - I forgive me, they forgave me (willing to assume) so, in part, my OP above is also indication that I will soon 're-join' properly again ;)

Seriously, if I figure out you are worrying about me it'll bother me - I better edit that OP or report it till they nuke it or something.

Welcome back Rob - taking a break is to be expected - I'm past due for one myself. I've gone overboard here no doubt - and I apologize for that - but this has been my therapy hiding from my other issues and trying to re-kindle my coding chops as I wait for my Kickstarter ESP8266 complement to my Teensy to get back to my real task.

Rob, glad you're better. I looked back through your post history and I'm completely baffled as to how you might have concluded that an apology was needed. It's ok. I don't need this explained. I just want you to know from my perspective I didn't see any harm--only attempts to help other posters.

I hope this thread can serve as a beacon to anyone else who is wracked with self-doubt or guilt:

• We're here because we enjoy helping each other tinker with PJRC's marvelous products
  • We don't expect perfections and certainly don't require it
  • We focus on the technical questions; it takes a very large amount of obnoxious behavior before we stop giving the benefit of the doubt

Best regards to all,
John

Everything is fine. Glad you're back.

We did put the XenForo and VaultWiki stuff on hold, but that's largely due to working on a number of other projects.

Go figure that seemingly half of my top ten favorite posters here decide to reassure, as publicly as I decided to make attempt to apologise, me so kindly :D

Thanks guys, I am very glad to (at least virtually) know you all indeed. Including you folk who merely read and smiled and made no further effort - golly, I hope you smiled!

I imagine you all probably as eccentric as me. And in more or less the same way - pretty determined to only act with kindness; I hope you are all better at "not giving a sh1t if it works for everybody else" than I was only too recently - lol, I reckon I owe you more now pictographer, due effort of reading my post history like that, but good luck collecting, hey? :D {:p ;)}

Paul, I should still have all the files for the offsite experiment - my home ISP broke an oldish agreement and turned my IP address dynamic and at my lowest point I roasted a few things I decided were as broken as I felt at that time. They did this a little while before I pretty much completely 'fell' so I found another $10AUD/PCM to throw at how I host stuff and set up a new VPS, just for secondary DNS purposes, with an American company I found and liked enough to do it with.

Point being that I will have some time on my hands over xmas break and I am willing to set up the LAMP on that new server I am managing and pick through those files more carefully to try the experiment which may lead to the forums here becoming based on xenforo with inclusion of the vaultwiki stuff again - probably work easier to start with the last pair of files and work backwards as needed.

I'll drop you a short email, soonish, about that.

Thanks and thanks again guys - seriously tho, if I catch you worrying bout me I will have to hunt you down and hug that nonsense out of you as per my new policies I am inclined to at least give a whirl (chuckle)(facepalm) LOL!

Last edited:
Haha you can try. Before you know it the neighbors will be reporting two men bear hug dancing in the streets while shouting "i love you, man!", "no I love you man!".. Anyhow, say hi to the bunyip, we're jealous not to have them over here in Yankee-land.

Haha you can try. Before you know it the neighbors will be reporting two men bear hug dancing in the streets while shouting "i love you, man!", "no I love you man!".. Anyhow, say hi to the bunyip, we're jealous not to have them over here in Yankee-land.
lol, good one mate - I can access my cats, and other peoples dogs, easier than a bunyip so I will hug my cats and tell them that you love them ;) :)p)

Thanks for playing :D

@robsoles any Teensy tinkering plans?

Speaking of missing names - KPC hasn't posted in months?

I might have an email address for KPC, if I do I will flick off an email very much hoping for a reply...

I've been thinking of a 'better joystick' and a fully touch screen universal remote control for quite some time and I intend to jump them to the head of the cue soon - I am still sort of 'licking my paws' and, well basically, making me relax as much as possible but I am about to kick back into full swing (indeed, if I am doing this right the fullest swing I've ever been in) at all the hobbies and past-times I ever had. Thanks for asking :)

Welcome back - hope you can get to KPC - his FFT stuff and insight were helpful as I started.

If you are looking at using the PJRC type touch I made a bit of a windowing start with struct defined buttons that makes laying them out and handling them sort of programmatic that could serve well for a push button remote: ILI9341-and-XPT2046-for-Teensy-Touchscreen-320x240

A work in progress - been dropped a bit recently as I paused to get some use out of the interrupt pin on the touch to stop SPI touch polling - it is in the 1.27b1 release except one critical element got skipped in the first PULL and until a new PULL gets accepted - hopefully for the beta 2 drop - it is a bit fitful and touches coming/going light get lost until re-touch.

Also saw a scroll update for the ILI9341 - so in the vein of the buttons I made structs to run those as it seemed a good way to get formatted debug output if nothing else. Might be good for Joystick data monitoring.

That and I looked at slamming USB serial which IDE SerMon fails and Koromix stepped up with TYQT improvements that make it a very fast receiver for debug spew and such now having a dedicated USB reader thread and great buffering and memory management with hours of MB/sec transfer that put the IDE JAVA code into a tailspin and fails in about 10MB. So TYQT is better than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back