"Bug" report (cannot access pde.jar during teensyduino installation) SOLVED [report]

Tomek

"Bug" report (cannot access pde.jar during teensyduino installation) SOLVED [report]

Hello!

I had a hell of a time installing the latest teensyduino. I finally upgraded because I need to use the audio libraries and realized it would be the easiest way for me to get them all together, and generally because I knew I needed to update at some point.

The thing is I had a classic problem with installing the teensyduino, which is usually caused by antivirus software. I couldn't replace or edit the pde.jar file in arduino/lib. Because there are other threads indicating this issue I followed all the troubleshooting directives there.

The most annoying bit each time I was reinstalling the teensyduino I would reselect what libraries I wanted to install (about half of them.) I kept thinking the problem had been solved after tweak XYZ.

The problem I found had to do with dropbox. I keep all my arduino projects including the arduino installation itself, in my dropbox folder. This is for convenience and because they're the most valuable information (timewise) i keep on my personal computer. I don't really know what was the issue, since normally I can edit rearrange, etc, all the dropbox stuff. However only when I went to stop my dropbox syncing would my teensyduino installation complete properly.

This is posted obviously in case anyone in the rare chance spots upon the same issue.

thanks!

Back