ESP8266 Add-On for Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC this board has a solder pad at the top left corner of the board. I would connect the antenna (1.25-inch stranded, insulated copper wire) there. In later designs I have replaced the solder pad with a through-hole, which is more robust. Be careful not to move the soldered antenna around too much since you could dislodge the solder pad.

Ah, okay. That's going to take some soldering wizardry to get that on there now as I've soldered it to the bottom of the teensy. Oh well.

Another Q, The esp8266 just seems to be sending back test, test, test, test every 500 milliseconds or so. It doesn't seem to want to take any commands either. Do I have to flash it?

Is this board available on Tindie?
I only could find the add-on for Teensy 3.1 in the below link
https://www.tindie.com/products/onehorse/esp8266-add-on-for-teensy-31/

But not the add-on for Teensy 3.2 ???
Im bit hurry to buy this board

The 3.1 and the 3.2 are the same, except for the 3.2 having a better voltage regulator, and the pads for the USB D+/D- and reset functions moved between the 3.2 and 3.1. Since the board has its own voltage regulator, it should work well with the Teensy 3.2 as well as the 3.1. If it didn't have the voltage regulator, and relied on the Teensy's regulator, it probably would not work on the 3.1.

Can you share the link from where I can buy 3.2 add on?

Ummm, the 3.1 and 3.2 have exactly the same pin layout, use exactly the same processor. The changes to the PCB (moving the position of three solder pads underneath the Teensy) are immaterial to the esp8266, since it doesn't connect to those 3 pads. Having a better voltage regulator on the 3.2 is immaterial to the esp8266 because it has its own voltage regulator (in part because the 3.1 could not provide enough power, but the 3.2 can). The esp8266 3.1 adapter should work on 3.2 with no changes (note, I don't actually own the esp8266, this is just going from the pictures on the website).

There were a very small handfull of boards that had to be modified for the 3.2, mostly boards that provide access to the underneath solder pads, particularly the reset pad.

For questions go to the linked page - message onehorse and he'll get back to you. Somewhere he left a note they are out of stock and perhaps coming.

T_3.1 product listed as no longer carried it seems for 8266. There is an ESP8285 Add-on for Teensy 3.2 - that is same - except it has integrated 1MB flash rather than external flash.

I have done one of my IoT project by using ESP8266 12E node mcu module. But since i need to combine that with Teensy 3.2 i thought to use this add-on. But im not quite sure whether all the libraries going to supported with this board.

I have done one of my IoT project by using ESP8266 12E node mcu module. But since i need to combine that with Teensy 3.2 i thought to use this add-on. But im not quite sure whether all the libraries going to supported with this board.

USING ARDUINO :: When onehorse was designing the 8266 version I got some beta units from him and worked through with them to good end - those versions were just like a big board 8266 - but soldered to Teensy for my uses. I've been away from them a while - but have some notes on GitHub as I used them. The linked 8285 item is a one piece onboard Flash - 1MB not 4MB. Read the onehorse notes - it should be designed to work like his 8266 but I never tried one. I liked the idea of 4MB for SPIFFS storage. And 1MB split in two to allow OTA updates limits code to ~500KB - which is a decent size, though ESP code gets fat fast. No experience with node versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back