Memory Status and Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there may be a bug in Arduino...

<cstdint> is the standard library header that defines fixed/minimum sized types: uint8_t, int32_t etc. If RamMonitor works with it commented out, then Arduino must have already included this header... still don't explain the effect on min/max!?

Quick addition: <cstdint> can also be referred to as <stdint.h>; C++ vs C

Last edited:
Is there any need to use this header instead of stdint.h or inttypes.h?

The min/max interference issue is troubling. Not sure if I really want to dig into right now (or ever). But if this comes up again, might have to...

Updated the header with the int* compat fix and changed <cstdint> include to <inttypes.h>. I currently can't run tests on this, it compiles; hopefully have my new Teensy tomorrow

<cstdint>, no .h, is the same header as <stdint.h>... in C++ it's an inherited header, hence the 'c' prefix; in C it's a standard library header, hence the '.h'. It's a question of language.

Extra thought... a C header using <stdint.h> shouldn't use C++ style templates. Thing is with most modern compilers, they support C and C++ and to a mix for standards... almost C++11 but not quite... but then they allow C and C++ in the same file, as long as a statement conforms to either the C standard, or C++ standard that they support, then that's okay!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back