Teensy shut down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raflyer

I have a Teensy 3.1, one of the outputs goes to a relay card that is opto isolated so the relay's aren't being driven directly from the teensy. That relay supplies 28vdc to a motor when turned on. When the relay shuts off and the motor stops, sometimes it kills the Teensy. By kills, I mean, the teensy stops responding to I/O's It doesn't disconnect from the pc as it still shows up in the device mgr. I have to disconnect the usb to reset the teensy to get it working again. The entire project shares a common ground so my assumption is a stray voltage on the gnd side getting back to that teensy? It doesn't affect the other 13 Teensy's I have in this project also all on the same ground plane, so not 100% sure whats going on. How should I proceed to cure this issue?

Thanks
Rob

To properly isolate your circuits you need to have a separate ground for both sides of the optocouplers. Without this your circuits are linked and are no long galvanically isolated.

The teensys should have it's own ground. Any connection on the opposite side of the optocouplers should have their own ground also.

You know thats impossible right? Usb cable ground goes to pc ground which goes to house ground which is tied to system ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back