Teensy LC pcb thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the thread necromancy, since this is over 4 years old, but is the Teensy 2 also a 1.6 m PCB? I'm in the process of modeling a 3d printable case for the Teensy 2 over on Tinkercad, and need to know the PCB thickness for that. For now, I'm going to proceed assuming it is 1.6 mm, I can easily adjust later if this is not the case.

Thanks for the information.

I've got a first pass at the model complete, and have one on order from Shapeways. If it works out correctly, I'll create another thread with a link to the model, so that other people can work with it.

Please let me know how it goes. I've bitten the bullet and purchased a 3D printer. My Teensy projects will finally be granted a fitting housing. I'd welcome and jumps starts. I'm embedding and audio shield and a teensy 3.2.
I'm assuming I can use the three holes on the audio shield for mounting.

It took a couple of iterations, the first case I made was a 1mm wall thickness, and it just felt too flimsy. For V2, I rebuilt it with a 2mm wall thickness, and it works like a charm. The one downside to the design I created is you have to glue it closed which means if you ever want to get the Teensy out, you'll have to destroy the case.

It'd be nice to have something that either clips together or can be closed with a few screws, but that sort of thing is beyond my limited modelling abilities.

-- Edit --

Note that my model is for a Teensy 2, you'd need to rework it for a Teensy 3, since the USB connector on the 3 is a micro vs the mini used on the 2. That and the fact that a 3 is 2/10" longer than a 2, IIRC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back