Audio Board: to quiet and cracklings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

The Audio Board with my Teensy 3.2 is working fine... but it's to quiet.
If I make it louder (Volume > 0.5) then I hear only sound cracklings, so Volume: 1.0 is not possible

Short files < 300 KB you can not use, because you her sound cracklings only.

How I can copy the SD wave file from the SD Card into the memory, to play it as sample sound?

And how I can make a sound louder? (Mixer -> Loudness ?) or can I normalize a loaded sound?

I've never used the Audio Board but you could normalise the Wav file in Audacity before you put it on the card.

Do other audio files play correctly above 0.5 Volume?

Headphone. I've found out that if the level of the wav file is over the normal level, then the sound isn't playable... you can hear only stuttering noises.

The solution is to reduce the volume to 0.4 , so it is not possible to play sounds louder.

Hm. Can you try other headphones? Mine are VERY loud (far too loud!!) and sound good at 0.9.
If that does not help, can you upload your wavfile?
You can try an other usbcable too, some are not good and don't deliver enough voltage/current.

Yes I thought it is easy to handle... but, its also complicated like nearly all hardware things. There is no steve jobs out there again, only "push it out" guys. Frustraiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back