Teensy 3.2 and Nextion 7" Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond_B

I did a search and didn't really come up with much, have you guys had any luck with these displays and a Teensy?

I'd like to use it as a CAN enabled automotive digital dash connected to a Teensy 3.2. The draw to it is the editor and the ability to create a very nice graphical display.

Would this type of display have the same redraw issues (issues probably isn't the right word maybe methods is better :)) as the smaller less expensive 2.8" touch display PJRC sells?

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/32831-ILI9341-Display-Issue <--- I haven't abandoned my 2.8" LCD, it is making a great supplemental display, but I am thinking down the road.

Looks like it has a standard UART interface at 9600. This can be increased to 115200
Standard functions are usable.

Doesn't look like you can drive the screen directly though. Seems like you program the screen and it draws itself

I have had a play with the Adafruit displays and the teensy. I needed the teensy to have the speed to get any decent speed from them.
I bought some of the Nextion displays the other day and I must say they are brilliant. A bit of a learning curve. But good. And half the price!
The library uses a lot of dynamic memory so you are best to goto a mega if possible.

A teensy would be perfect for the Nextion displays.
Memory, serial ports, io etc!

Paul maybe it might be worth a look now?
There is a lot of examples now.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back