Multiple Teensies Error - Device Cannot Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenDanville

Hello Everybody!

I hope someone can be of some help and this may be of use to someone else, thankyou in advance for any assistance
I have an issue with running multiple teensies plugged in to the computer at once - running 10 teensies split 5 between two powered hubs and 3 (random ones) always show as "cannot start".
8 are 2++ and 2 are 3.1

Things I have tried:
- Three separate computers with different motherboards and chipsets (running Window 7 64bit) but the issue is replicated
- Tried using 3 different brands of hubs with external power, currently using high quality industrial hubs (5v 4A) - (the other "consumer" hubs had 12v 3A power supplies)
- Tried running each hub on USB2 and USB3 separately, as well as running one off as external USB card (with power to the card)
- I have tried incrementing the product IDs but that didn't help either (in case Windows is being fussy)
- each has been tested and works well when plugged in by itself to my testing computers

I have compiled them as Flight Sim Controls, but that shouldn't effect them talking to windows though?

Thanks again!
Ben

Sorry for not explaining that part very well

In "Devices and Printers" the relevant hardware shows with a exclamation mark, if I right click and go to properties then hardware its says:
Device StatusThis device cannot start. (Code 10)

I just made a screenshot of the issue in device manager and attached it (mysteriously only one was having an issue after I rebooted for the 10th+ time, when I then rebooted back to the same issue)

devicemanager.PNG

EDIT:
It comes up on different teensies each time

I have found things in the Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\usb_flightsim\usb_private.h that Paul has commented as "configurable options" and "usb bandwidth allocation" so I might try and experiement with those values, does this sound feasible?

(pasted it below)

/**************************************************************************
* Configurable Options
**************************************************************************/

#define VENDOR_ID 0x16C0
#define PRODUCT_ID 0x0488

// These determine how much USB bandwidth is allocated (1=fastest)
#define FLIGHTSIM_TX_INTERVAL 1
#define FLIGHTSIM_RX_INTERVAL 1
#define DEBUG_TX_INTERVAL 1
#define DEBUG_RX_INTERVAL 2

#define TRANSMIT_FLUSH_TIMEOUT 4 /* in milliseconds */
#define TRANSMIT_TIMEOUT 25 /* in milliseconds */

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back