Digikey selling Teensy (via Sparkfun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Sparkfun board, eh? :rolleyes:

At least they didn't blatantly steal your board like Oleg's USB Host board.

No worries here. Digikey's getting them from Sparkfun. Digikey made this video, so that's what they know. Nothing sinister here.

No worries here. Digikey's getting them from Sparkfun. Digikey made this video, so that's what they know. Nothing sinister here.

That's a head scratcher....how can they invest that much in marketing a product without first determining the right place to buy it....

Forces of good, definitely. IMHO. The company I work for has a rather.... "traditional" approach to acquisition: Approved vendors only. If it weren't for DigiKey selling Teensy, I have no idea how we would get them. And I've not found any other device that so closely matches our needs. Paul has found the sweet spot for this kind of gear.

Is Digikey starting a side business as a fulfillment provider? Like Amazon? Like parts of Newegg (commodity electronics) ?
The fulfillment model is seemingly lucrative, as there is no inventory expense/tax, no warranty expense.
Is Mouser doing the same?

I picked up a "Make" magazine (Vol. 49, Feb/March 2016) in Safeway of all places, and noticed that Teensy 3.2 was featured in an article about a LED display ("DIY Jumbotron display"). T3.2 / pjrc.com was also mentioned in their list of 40 "super-cheap" dev-board type devices, ranging in price from $3 ESP8266 to $239 BeagleBone-X15. It included a bunch of Arduino-flavor things I'd never heard of. T3.2 had more analog channels than anything else on the list.

It's good that Digikey offers Teensy, that means I can buy some at work with negligible paperwork as opposed to pjrc or someone else that isn't on the corporate "approved vendors list".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back