Teensy 3.2 is not recognized at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmm137621

Hi, I'm trying to setup the teensy 3.2 on ubuntu 14.04. I downloaded the loader and followed the simple instructions you have on the website. lsusb command does not find the device whatsoever. I also put the udev rules in rules.d and it still does not find the device. I tried different usb ports...I tried everything and probably more than what is listed on on your help page on the basic pjrc. Any help is requested. Links as well. Thank you!

Try different cables - make sure the one you have is not a 'charge only' cable.

A fresh Teensy won't show as USB until reprogrammed with a USB aware sketch ('Tools / USB Type : Serial'). It will show up as a HID device when the button is pushed to be programmed.

With TeensyDuino installed you can run the Teensy.exe program and it will respond to the HID device - you can see it appear by enabling 'help / Verbose Info'

Fixed it

Thanks for the help! It ended up being the cable was a charge only cable.

Try different cables - make sure the one you have is not a 'charge only' cable.

A fresh Teensy won't show as USB until reprogrammed with a USB aware sketch ('Tools / USB Type : Serial'). It will show up as a HID device when the button is pushed to be programmed.

With TeensyDuino installed you can run the Teensy.exe program and it will respond to the HID device - you can see it appear by enabling 'help / Verbose Info'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back