Audio Library examples issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattomatto

I cannot get Arduino to show the Teensy audio library examples. I am aware that you need to select the correct board. I have re-created the issue on a second machine. These are the steps I've taken:

Downloaded Arduino 1.6.7, and latest Teensyduino for MaxOSX.
Moved Arduino to applications folder, ran once, and closed.
Ran Teensyduino installer.
Opened Arduino, chose Teensy 3.1/3.2 board
Under File > Examples > Examples from custom libraries, there is no Audio option. All other libraries are there.

I've checked and all the files are installed correctly, just the menu not displaying it. Have I missed something?

Thanks, Matt

I cannot get Arduino to show the Teensy audio library examples. I am aware that you need to select the correct board. I have re-created the issue on a second machine. These are the steps I've taken:

Downloaded Arduino 1.6.7, and latest Teensyduino for MaxOSX.
Moved Arduino to applications folder, ran once, and closed.
Ran Teensyduino installer.
Opened Arduino, chose Teensy 3.1/3.2 board
Under File > Examples > Examples from custom libraries, there is no Audio option. All other libraries are there.

I've checked and all the files are installed correctly, just the menu not displaying it. Have I missed something?

Thanks, Matt

I may be wrong, but AFAIK, the audio library is not part of Teensyduino. You have to download it separately and move to library folder.

I may be wrong, but AFAIK, the audio library is not part of Teensyduino. You have to download it separately and move to library folder.

It was definitely installed with Teensyduino, I can use it, it just doesn't show up in examples.

Did you look in the right place? Here is how it looks in Arduino 1.6.5 on a Mac :
Capture d’écran 2016-02-20 à 15.37.12.png

There is an audio menu in there for the Arduino Due Audio library. You can see in my screen grab above^^

No i can't. But ok, i don't know how should it look like on MAC. All i see that there is an "Audio" menu in your screenshot and no mention of Arduino Due (or i don't see it....)

Perhaps you have a library named "Audio" in your Documents/Arduino/libraries folder?

Anything you put there overrides everything within Arduino/Teensyduino. That's a powerful feature which lets you customize and override any library with a copy of your choosing, but it's easy to put something in that location and later not realize it's preventing you from using the normal stuff.

Also, check Arduino > Preferences. Make sure your sketchbook folder is still Documents/Arduino... and hasn't been changed to some other location, *especially* not the location like /Applications/Arduino.app!

Last edited:
Perhaps you have a library named "Audio" in your Documents/Arduino/libraries folder?

Anything you put there overrides everything within Arduino/Teensyduino. That's a powerful feature which lets you customize and override any library with a copy of your choosing, but it's easy to put something in that location and later not realize it's preventing you from using the normal stuff.

I do indeed! Thank you Paul, I didn't know about that feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back