Prop Shield Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if there was any progress on this front.

No, not really. The Arduino devs were talking about this some time ago, and Massimo even mentioned it at his "State of Arduino" talk in May and in an email on the developers list a month ago. But it seems to have been put aside for other stuff.

If not can you share what your views are.

My main view is Adafruit, Sparkfun and Chinese cloners sell the vast majority of those sensors.

A while back Adafruit did a sensor API library. Everyone will probably move towards that in the long run, if only due to lack of development effort by everyone else (myself included).

Its been over a year since that post and was wondering maybe its time to take the bull by the horns.

No, this is most definitely not the time for me or PJRC to focus on unified sensor APIs. I have a very long list of much more urgent projects.

Hi Paul. Thanks for the update on the status.

A while back Adafruit did a sensor API library. Everyone will probably move towards that in the long run, if only due to lack of development effort by everyone else (myself included).
I took a look at the Adafruit sensor api and it looks like it is more of a standardization of an abstraction layer over the actual sensor drivers. I could be looking at the wrong lib though.

No, this is most definitely not the time for me or PJRC to focus on unified sensor APIs.
My apologizes, I didn't mean for you or PJRC to focus on unified sensor API. You all definitely have too much else going on. I have a collection of about 20 or so libs for different sensors that I have used over the years and was wondering what the best approach to be to do something like this if I wanted to start to rework some of these libs or use newer ones. I didn't want to go down one path and then find I was totally off base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back