Teensy 3.1 3.3V pin actual voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

amundsen

Hello,

On my Teensy 3.1, when the board is powered by the USB port, I measure between 4.05V and 4.07V on the 3.3V pins. Is it normal?

When you're measuring this voltage, is the Teensy connected up to external circuitry?
If this is the case, disconnect the teensy from anything else (apart from the USB cable of course) and remeasure the voltage.

I suspect it's something in your external circuitry trying to drive that pin to that voltage.

When you're measuring this voltage, is the Teensy connected up to external circuitry?
If this is the case, disconnect the teensy from anything else (apart from the USB cable of course) and remeasure the voltage.

I suspect it's something in your external circuitry trying to drive that pin to that voltage.

The Teensy was only connected to a Sparkfun Teensy-to-XBee adapter but (happily) without the XBee being plugged onto it. Also, with the same adapter and a Teensy 3.2 there was no such issue.

Also, the same voltage was measured with the 3.1 unconnected to the SparkFun adapter. So my circuit is not the issue here I guess.

Could it be a defective unit?

That Teensy seems to be defective :(
But it's not completely unusable, I think you can still use it with an external 3.3V regulator if you can somehow prevent the 5V from reaching the teensy's pin (cut a trace on the board).
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back