[Problem] Teensy shuting down itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

nantoine

Hi everybody !

I use a Teensy 3.2 with and audio Shield and a ILI9341.
I was debugging a program with the audio shield connected to a little amplifier and after a final execution, I'm not able to program it anymore.
The teensy still works but not a very long time. I mean that the last program print something on the screen and 20 second later the Teensy shut down itself.
I power the Teensy with the USB.
The only thing I could have done wrong is connecting the input of the shield to the amplifier output (headphone output) when the teensy was on but it shouldn't matter because the input pins have floating voltage and should support any variation of tension, isn't it ?
If it's the problem, it's really disturbing because I'm working on a guitar pedal which is often used when amplifiers are on. How could I make a protection for the input of the shield ?

Well, I'm afraid the Teensy programmer chip died during my last try, is it possible to program the teensy with another teensy (ICSP) ?
How can I test the regulator who is maybe damaged and cannot deliver as much as intensity as it should ?

Do not hesitate to ask for more details. (I didn't suspect my program because I'm using it since a week without a problem and I just added Serial.println())

Maybe a bug...?
Does it stop working with the blink sketch, too ? If not, it's (most likely) a problem with your sketch..

teensy audio emulation.jpg

Thanks for the answers.

To clarify a little, here is the way I connect the audio shield.

Connection 2 was the hot plug.
After many test, I measure the voltage of the amp output, I got something around 1V (I don't really trust this measure, I will check it with something else)
My guess would be that an overvoltage destroyed partially the teensy chip. Could it be ?

Frank B -> I can't upload any sketch to my teensy, the serial controller doesn't respond

After many tests, I realised that the Teensy is not the problem. I couldn't program it with the audioshield connected. But when I put it away, the miracle happened.
I upload another test sketch and the ILI9341 graphictest worked perfectly.
So, the problem comes from the audioshield. When I connect it to the teensy, the teensy can't stay on more than 10 seconds.
I think I damaged the shield with an overvoltage.
I measure 3.66k between the 3.3V and the GND of the audioshield. Is that a normal value ?
Have you a guess of what could be damaged on the shield ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back