PCB Manufacturer that has Teensy bootloader chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanfs

Hi,

I'm designing a compact PCB that will use the ARM chip of the Teensy 3.2 as it's MCU. For the bootloader, I've used the MKL02 chip. That chip must be loaded with the Teensy bootloader. Therefore, I'm looking for a really good PCB manufacturer that can supply the MKL02 chip with the bootloader. Can you please recommend few?

Thanks

I've heard others going down this path supplying the assy house with the boot loading chips. Have to be careful though that they actually use it because they may try to substitute a tape mounted version.

If you're after large quantities talk to Paul directly.
He can probably get you them in a tube or tape

For now, I want to make prototype; 2 units. Does that mean I have to order it myself and ship it to the PCB manufacturer?

Just solder the chips on yourself if there's only two?

A lot of PCB manufacturers won't accept components not in a panel/tube/tape/reel

For now, I want to make prototype; 2 units. Does that mean I have to order it myself and ship it to the PCB manufacturer?

Yes, if you wanted to sure that the KML02 comes with preprogrammed bootloader
AFAIK, only Paul can program the MKL02, so I would not trust any board assembly line that they will order from Paul.

Not really that bad. If you stick to a single sided design, simply use a hot plate or toaster oven along with stencils from osh stencil.

Most PCB assemblers I've worked with accept loose parts. Either you our them then put them into trays and their P&P bot places them on the PCB. I've made a few ten custom Teensy boards that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back