Teensy 3.2 as HMI display (Editor development)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the way I think ( express myself ), lots getting lost through the language barrier :)
No one complains, this should only be a little joke with a big smile ...

The workflow would be design the HMI in QT Creator, parse the *.ui file, upload result to teensy HMI board.
Well, the principle is the same - I started a editor on my own, which might be very comfortable, but the I looekd into CodePaint which alloes to describe alle UI controls/symbols in SVG and provides functionality to interact with these objetcs. So the resulting code - Swift or another language - has to be parsed and transfered into some code which might be run on the Teensy.

As I believe, this would be the most comfortable way. I'm afraid the QT editor offers no possibility to add interaction to the objetcs?

I agree, lots of ways to generate graphical layouts, adding the code to make functional widgets is the hard part.

pyqt is the interface library for python, pyuic5 process's the "form.ui" file and generates transportable python code that creates the graphical ui and runs all the widgets. Not suggesting this for the teensy but the process works well using a Ubantu desktop machine and downloading the resulting python code to a RasPI.

Well, as there is no real discussion going on and my answers/proposals stay unanswered, I'll stop my little project at this position, because my time is limited. I thought there would be more users who needs such an interactive display, but as I see, it's not so important, so I may use this saved time for other things ... (Please don't read any complaint in my words, it's just the situation as it is ...)

sadly... i´m right new on teensy... but this seemed to be what i have looking for.... until i came to the last post :/

sadly... i´m right new on teensy... but this seemed to be what i have looking for.... until i came to the last post :/

Well, you can use the board and write your own software :) But the Display works without board, too.. perhaps better for first experiments. :)

<-- absolute beginner

right now i have this display working ...
have build n cross-device(tool) "portable" solder station like the types u find all over the net.
started over with martins RT based one on uno / nano and 3 digit led display... learned... rebuild code went over to mega and dog 163 display....learned... rebuild code... ssd1306....st7735 ....
killed all code ... began vom skretch in order to get more compatibile irons and more precisios feedback....killed a lots of irons... reached teensy a while ago using ssd1351 and now the 9341.
build up a little startup menü where to choose my ( until now) three irons - fall back option - live temp graph data. setpoint val, readval, and power indicator%
but love to build a more "nicer" ui
with perhaps possibility to tune xyz parameters - starting some audio - checking lipo data and love to play pong ;)
and all this.... with a little nicer ui and year for me as a beginner such a teensy based editor would be nice. =)
tried pixelmeister... horror.... tried ugfx.... even more horror...

You could try an easy approach: Draw all screens with buttons pressed/not pressed and other gui -elements in a tool like PaintShop Pro (or any other photo/graphic editor you know good), store all different "states" as converted ("565") bmp in an additional flash. This way the only thing to do is to display values or display the already stored pictures... you can make very nice looking guis with this approach. it's not very flexible, but maybe flexible enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back