Does Teensy 3.2 running 8 LED strips need to be connected to the PSU + other Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsk

Hi

I have a project where I am making a 32x16 WS2812b array, connected to a Teensy 3.2 streaming video data from Processing on a computer.

The information on Teensy Power on the OctoWS2811 page is unclear to me, will the Teensy need extra voltage input from the PSU in the setup I described?

So far I have the Teensy, logic level shifter, 30A 5V power supply, and we're waiting on the LEDs and smaller components.

I will no doubt have more questions as I move forward, any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks
dsk

You can power the Teensy either from the USB power, or from the 5V power supplies for the LEDs. Either way works.

In all cases, all the grounds must be connected together.

Thanks, thats great! I'm planning on running a Processing game on the computer which the Teensy is attached to.

At the moment the game displays onto a 2D array of colours, which will be displayed on the LEDs.

From the rest of my research, it seems the best way to do this would be running VideoDisplay on the Teensy, and altering the movie2serial example to transfer the game's array data.

Is this what you'd recommend? Or is there an easier way to get each colour value onto the LEDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back