Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Play samples at different pitches by MIDI

Play samples at different pitches by MIDI

Hi,

Today I've mounted the audio board on the Teensy 3.2 that I have received.
    After having tried some skecth examples everything seems to be working fine.

Now my project is to build a small MIDI sampler, let's say a MIDI instrument that plays/records samples.
    So from the example sketch I know I can play samples at their origin speed (or pitch), now I would like to go further and trigger samples by playing notes by MIDI on my master keyboard.
    And of course I would like to be able to play a sample on different notes (at different speeds). The AudioPlaySdWav object has a "play" method, is there a way to change the pitch ?
    Let's say by assigning a root note (for the origin speed), for example C3 and then change the pitch according to the MIDI note received.

It would be great to be able to loop a sample too

Noob question : what is controlling the optional pot ? I've soldered one but it doesn't adjust the volume level on the minijack output (level which is set in the sketch, that could explain)

Thanks and regards
    David

For pitched playback, check out the thread where they were discussing granular playback. It's not exactly an easy problem to solve.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/29275...-Audio-Adaptor

The pot is tied to A1. Your sketch can read it, and apply it to whatever parameter you wish. For a volume control on the Audio Adapter, do an analogRead(A1), then translate the result to a float and feed it to the sgtl5000.volume() method.

Hi all,
    I was searching for the same and did not want to use an extra granular playback.

With my solution, the play_wav_sd.cpp and play_wav_sd.h are changed and use SDFAT-Lib to be able to read other filenames.
    They got an extra attribute to change the pitch defined in float. 1.0 = same speed, 2.0 = double speed, 0.5 = halve speed. The last limitation was 4.0 on upper and 0.25 on the lower side.

I hope it works in future projects.

https://github.com/ErichHeinemann/te...e/master/Audio

Take it as an adventure and explore it.