Probability of dying Teensy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMXZ

OK,
it happened to me too.
After weeks of software development with a Teensy (3.1) soldered to an audio board,
with no other devices attached,
the teensy does not react anymore!

I'm aware of all other threads on dead teensies and the recommended trouble shootings, so
I rebooted windows, unplugged Teensy and re-plugged it with prog-button pressed having teensy.exe running.
obviously, I changed the USB cable, even if it was working continuously the last month.
I uninstalled all unused COM and HID ports from device manager.
I also removed the dust!

But so far,
no reaction of Windows 10, no HID, no COM port.

Needless to say, as I have no reaction from Teensy, I cannot load the Blink program.

I only have a multimeter but could measure 3.257 V on V3.3 pin. also Prog pin says 3.257V and 0 when pressed.
I have no access to reset pin (teensy is soldered on top of audioboard) but pin 34 on MCU says 0.09V (I hope I hit the right pin)

While I would appreciate any novel idea for further tests (but I have no access to mac and Linux), I'm more interested in a number (probability) on dying electronics and what the most likely reason is.
It may be relevant or not, but I always run my teensies with 144 MHz, but they never got warm.

I've sent you an email about this

Thanks Robin, very much appreciated.

@Paul,
FYI, following your post on other thread https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/3362...y-LC-schematic?p=100090&viewfull=1#post100090
I put Osci on pin34

and got pulses

resetPulse.jpg

When pressing Program button, peak level decreases slightly but obviously does not go down to zero

ResetPulseFull.jpg

Period of button press is in middle of graph.

Could not see any 'signal' on pin 32 and 33 (only 50 Hz due to hand held probe and lack of bandwidth)

Out of curiosity, which of the two chips on Teensy (3.1) is not behaving correctly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back