Need help with board using Teensy LC schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a product that uses the Teensy LC chip. The first prototype used a Teensy LC board directly on the back of the main PCB. The current board integrates the chips from the Teensy LC in my board. I bought the MKL02 chip from PJRC and a MKL26Z64VFT4 from Digikey. My computer is not seeing the Teensy at all over USB. One thing that seemed a bit unclear from the schematic was the crystal. I'm using an EPSON TSX-3225 16.0000MF09Z-AC3 with 2 9pF caps. Has anyone else here used the Teensy LC schematic in there own design? I'd appreciate any help you can offer, thanks.

Since the MKL26 chip has built-in caps, you probably don't need those. But they're small enough that it should work either way.

The first troubleshooting step is always to check the PROGRAM and RESET voltages, both normally and while pressing the program button. Program should be 3.3V and go to zero when the button is held. Reset on a blank chip will be pulsing and should measure close to zero, like 0.1 to 0.25, but will go all the way to zero when the button is pressed.

0.2V at RESET, 3.2V at PROGRAM with button not pressed
0.01V at RESET, 0V at PROGRAM with button pressed

RESET may not be going to 0V because I'm using a 10k pullup for when the programmer is not attached. I made a separate programmer board with the bootloader chip and USB connector on it.

Last edited:
Ok, well at least that part's working, so you're close. If you have a scope, maybe look if the crystal starts oscillating.

I only have a multimeter with me now but I can check that with a scope soon. One concern is that the USB isn't working at all since it's not being detected by the computer. How important is differential pair routing, because I wasn't aware of this when I made the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back