Arduino 1.6.8, OSX 10.9.5 -> Build options changed, rebuilding all

duff

There seems to be an issue with the new Arduino in that if I include the Audio library to a sketch and compile it and not edit anything in the sketch or library and compile it again it rebuilds everything from scratch. This is the sketch I tested it with:
Code:
#include <Audio.h>

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
It is really slowing down things compared to pre 1.6.8 release.

I just built that on 1.6.8 with 1.28b1. LOTS OF LINES going by for no reason! I don't see it doing a FULL build - like it will say when you change any 'Tools' parameter.

FIRST BUILD:: about 56 seconds doing 'Ctrl+R' Verify

SECOND (and 3rd) BUILD:: about 19 seconds doing 'Ctrl+R' Verify

FINAL "Build options changed, rebuilding all" : about 46 seconds { I changed the 96MHz build type }

This on my lame old i5 laptop.

Multiple libraries were found for "SerialFlash.h"
Used: C:\tCode\libraries\SerialFlash
Not used: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFlash
Using library Audio at version 1.03 in folder: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio
Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI
Using library SD at version 1.0.8 in folder: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD
Using library SerialFlash at version 0.4 in folder: C:\tCode\libraries\SerialFlash
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: I:\Teensy168\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Wire

Sketch uses 22,188 bytes (8%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262,144 bytes.
Global variables use 5,636 bytes (8%) of dynamic memory, leaving 59,900 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 65,536 bytes.

@defragster, did you try the sketch I posted? It doesn't rebuild everything every time if I don't include the Audio.h.

I tried 'posted' sketch verbatim - and just re-timed it without change, except the Tools setting as noted. I wonder myself seeing all that SPEW go by - but the times do go down, which I've observed and timed in 1.6.7 - just hadn't done that in 1.6.8 yet.

Just now - I commented out the : "//#include <Audio.h>"

First Ctrl+R build 14 seconds after Tools change.
Second Ctrl+R build under 5 seconds.

About the same 3 to 1 rebuild time - problem is AUDIO.h makes it check a billion more files for no change taking 19 seconds instead of 5 - but still well under the initial 45 seconds it takes on a FULL rebuild.

Back