SD card issues with 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bckoch

When using the SD library with the 3.2, I get these errors. My application compiles great until I install Teensyduino. With just a fresh install of Arduino, it compiles fine. This is with the SDInfo example. I tried using the SDFat library, but the 3.2 seems to have an issue where it won't initialize the sd card with that library.

Code:
Arduino: 1.6.8 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.28-beta1, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick, 48 MHz, US English"

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:25:57: error: 'void (* SdFile::dateTime_)(uint16_t*, uint16_t*)' is not a static member of 'class SdFile'
 void (*SdFile::dateTime_)(uint16_t* date, uint16_t* time) = NULL;

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:33:28: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::addCluster()' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::addCluster() {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:46:35: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::addDirCluster()' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::addDirCluster(void) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:61:44: error: no 'dir_t* SdFile::cacheDirEntry(uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 dir_t* SdFile::cacheDirEntry(uint8_t action) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:74:27: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::close()' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::close(void) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:91:71: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::contiguousRange(uint32_t*, uint32_t*)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::contiguousRange(uint32_t* bgnBlock, uint32_t* endBlock) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:130:44: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::createContiguous(SdFile*, const char*, uint32_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
         const char* fileName, uint32_t size) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:158:36: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::dirEntry(dir_t*)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::dirEntry(dir_t* dir) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:178:50: error: no 'void SdFile::dirName(const dir_t&, char*)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 void SdFile::dirName(const dir_t& dir, char* name) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:201:46: error: no 'void SdFile::ls(uint8_t, uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 void SdFile::ls(uint8_t flags, uint8_t indent) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:245:58: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::make83Name(const char*, uint8_t*)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::make83Name(const char* str, uint8_t* name) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:284:57: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::makeDir(SdFile*, const char*)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::makeDir(SdFile* dir, const char* dirName) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:384:74: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::open(SdFile*, const char*, uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::open(SdFile* dirFile, const char* fileName, uint8_t oflag) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:476:68: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::open(SdFile*, uint16_t, uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::open(SdFile* dirFile, uint16_t index, uint8_t oflag) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:502:64: error: no 'uint8_t SdFile::openCachedEntry(uint8_t, uint8_t)' member function declared in class 'SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::openCachedEntry(uint8_t dirIndex, uint8_t oflag) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:550:26: error: 'uint8_t SdFile::openRoot' is not a static member of 'class SdFile'
 uint8_t SdFile::openRoot(SdVolume* vol) {

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:550:26: error: 'SdVolume' was not declared in this scope
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:550:36: error: 'vol' was not declared in this scope

^
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD/utility/SdFile.cpp:550:41: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token

^
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

My application compiles great until I install Teensyduino. With just a fresh install of Arduino, it compiles fine. This is with the SDInfo example.

I tried to reproduce this problem, but couldn't.

First, I didn't see any example named "SDInfo". The SD library comes with 6 examples, named CardInfo, listfiles, ReadWrite, Datalogger, DumpFile and Files. I compiled all 6 of these without any errors, using Arduino 1.6.8 with Teensyduino 1.28-beta1.

Here's a screenshot with all 6 error-free windows, and the About box showing the version.

sc.png
(click for full size)

I'd really like to understand what went wrong here, but I just can't manage to reproduce the problem. ALL of the SD library examples compile without error when I try it here on my Mac.

I tried using the SDFat library, but the 3.2 seems to have an issue where it won't initialize the sd card with that library.
Did you edit SdFatConfig.h? Especially line #81 #define SD_SPI_CONFIGURATION 1 .

My apologies, CardInfo is the one I was looking for. I've reinstalled everything and am still getting that same list of errors. I'll keep plugging away and see what i can figure out.

I tried to reproduce this problem, but couldn't.

First, I didn't see any example named "SDInfo". The SD library comes with 6 examples, named CardInfo, listfiles, ReadWrite, Datalogger, DumpFile and Files. I compiled all 6 of these without any errors, using Arduino 1.6.8 with Teensyduino 1.28-beta1.

Here's a screenshot with all 6 error-free windows, and the About box showing the version.

View attachment 6868
(click for full size)

I'd really like to understand what went wrong here, but I just can't manage to reproduce the problem. ALL of the SD library examples compile without error when I try it here on my Mac.

For those that are running into this same issue down the road, apparently older Arduino versions had the libraries folder in Mac's Documents folder. It looks like the newer versions the libraries folder is in the arduino Applications folder. Either way, I had TWO libraries folder, and while the SD library in Applications updated, the SD library in Documents DID NOT update. When compiling, it decided to use the library from the Documents folder, thus creating an issues of using an old library.

SO, if you run into this issue, delete the library folder from Documents, so that arduino will compile with the libraries in the app's application folder.

Good lord that was wordy. Hope that's clearer than I feel like it is.

Yeah, it's actually supposed to be a "feature", and often it looks a lot more like a "bug", but the idea is to give you the ability to override Arduino's libraries by placing your own copy in Documents/Arduino/libraries.

Starting with Arduino 1.6.3, I added code which at least tries to tell you if Arduino found more than one copy of the library, and which one it actually used. Before those messages, this sort of problem was almost impossible to figure out. Well, unless you turned on verbose info in File > Prefs, and then very carefully analyzed the full pathnames printed in the incredible amount of verbose info....

Yeah, it's actually supposed to be a "feature", and often it looks a lot more like a "bug", but the idea is to give you the ability to override Arduino's libraries by placing your own copy in Documents/Arduino/libraries.

Starting with Arduino 1.6.3, I added code which at least tries to tell you if Arduino found more than one copy of the library, and which one it actually used. Before those messages, this sort of problem was almost impossible to figure out. Well, unless you turned on verbose info in File > Prefs, and then very carefully analyzed the full pathnames printed in the incredible amount of verbose info....

Your code that stated the fact that it found two libraries was actually how I finally figured it out. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back