teensy3 + ili9431 (parallel) + vs1053 + microsd and accel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix-os

teensy3 + ili9341 + dac + microsd and accel?

hi all, i just had the crazy(?) idea of using the teensy in a media player.

the software side is the most tricky part to me.

i need to have the teensy 3.2 acting as screen driver for a ili9341, audio codec (SGTL5000?) + storage (microsd) and having an accelerometer (for flipping the screen to landscape/portrait modes?)

so the hardware list will be:
teensy 3 custom board:
the main mcu and teensy loader mcu
lsm303 i2c accelerometer
microsd
lipo battery (1200mah)
ili9431 screen (can be found on adafruit)
SGTL5000 codec
input buttons (4 total)
back up rtc battery

i wonder how feasible it is on a single pcb of 78*50mm (4layer max)
i have a budget of about 1300$ for hardware dev (including a test batch of 3 pcb's), as it will be too complicated for me to do in eagle and assemble them

i want to base the coding style upon the microtouch framework made by rossumur :)

if anyone is willing to help to realize this project, or has suggestions, ideas, whatever, please tell!

pcb part layout of what i want to archieve is the attached zip file.

View attachment player.zip

Last edited:
Hmm... But what about the 344hz noise, will it still be there, or is there a efficient way to tackle it?

@paul

i think it's best for me to indeed switch away from the vs1053 after a look at its power consumption, and library porting..

so a SGTL5000 will do the job as it has been tested with the teensy hardware and software, works with the ili9341 as well

i also tested teensy's power with the utft library (24mhz optimized) and it's rather slow, but works.
might be going to using SPI for the display as well for ease of use.

the spi connection is too slow, even at high speeds (120mhz mcu clock, max spi clock) to archieve a resonable speed (keep in mind that the spi is shared with the codec and sd card!), so i'll be sticking with a parallel screen :)

so, if i'm using 16bit parallel connection for the screen i can't have a lsm303 accelerometer, but am forced to use a analog one (adxl335) because the i2c pins are used for the screen

in fact, if i am going to use a parallel screen driver, only pin 33 will remain non-connected (which was my goal)

--------------------------

edit, there will be no accelerometer as i forgot the screen touch interface as well

this will be the pin map then:

pin 0: screen DB4
pin 1: screen DB5
pin 2: screen DB8
pin 3: screen RS
pin 4: screen WR
pin 5: screen DB15
pin 6: screen DB12
pin 7: screen DB10
pin 8: screen DB11
pin 9: SPI SD CS
pin 10: SPI SGTL5000 CS