Teensy 3.0 Development Environments

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuieNorris

HI Forum

I have just received my Teensy 3.0 and started using with Ardunio Studio on Mac OSX.

I prefer to use c/c++ -are there any tutorials around for using the board with AVR Studio or IAR-Embedded-Workbench?

Thanks

Stuart

If you have a Makefile you can simple create a project in AVR Studio, Atmel Studio, Eclipse, etc and point it to use the Makefile to compile. I use a Makefile where I set 3-4 parameters and can compile a project for Arduino, Teensy 2, or Teensy 3 by just changing the board parameter. This Makefile I have used in Atmel studio, but have recently moved to Eclipse. I've found the Makefile makes all the difference.

If you want specifics for setting up the environments manually:
Using AVR Studio 5 with Arduino
Atmel Studio 6 with Arduino Boards

You can use those and just change the Makefile.

Keep an eye on Visual Micro

Hi

Check out Visual Micro at:

http://www.visualmicro.com/

and more specifically:

http://visualmicro.com/page/Teensy-for-Microsoft-Visual-Studio.aspx

If you work / have worked with Visual Studio and like it this is fast becoming the solution of choice. Still not full support for Teensy but it looks like it is coming soon and works fine using Arduino environment for upload. When the debug and upload capability is added this will be unbeatable for speed of development by the looks of things.

Not fully native C++ but as a daily user of Visual Studio it makes my life alot easier. You can always butcher the Arduino libraries into your own versions (that is what I do) to get closer to native C++

I hope this helps, I think it is a great product and Tim is very helpful

Andy

HI Forum

I have just received my Teensy 3.0 and started using with Ardunio Studio on Mac OSX.

I prefer to use c/c++ -are there any tutorials around for using the board with AVR Studio or IAR-Embedded-Workbench?

Thanks

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back