2801 on teensy 3.1 over arduino code

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkilauda

I have a 2801 led string hooked up to a teensy 3.1 it gives no respons with the software (arduino)with a single ordenary led i see change but the 2801 led string just keeps on shining nothing else.

Can it be because the teensy provides 3,3 V and the 2801 needs a 4-5V data in signal ???

Is it solved with a buffer ic ?
Use 74HCT245 or 74ACHT125.

Most likely it's a 3.3V level thing, so yes a level converter will certainly help. How you go about it depends on the interface type and speed requirements, since the easy level conversion methods don't handle high data rates well.

Hooked on a buffer ic but no result, its 3 wires red en white is 5v and ground.
the green wire data even if i put the green to 5v nothing.

How can i test if it even works ?

If you have a library and matching hardware not working a good starting point is to grab a uno or other mainstream Arduino and wire it in whatever default it wants to use. If you don't have the hardware the library was written for handy you'll need to snoop the interface pin and see what it's up to. If I understand your original post right you've already tried putting an ordinary LED there and seen it flicker so it looks like the library is doing something. Do you have access to an oscilloscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back