anyone has ideas on a project of mine (teensy 3 smartwatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pix-os

i am currently working on a smartwatch project ( https://hackaday.io/project/8441 )

so far i am using these libs:
spi
serialflash
eeprom
snooze
tft_ili9163
and my own wrapper (watch.h) which lets everything interact with eachother

i am using a single framebuffer (which consumes 50% RAM) and have most graphical commands in the RAM as well.
i can set 'application' ram up to 10kb as well (modified version of rossumur's microtouch framework)
there are 4 buttons in the system and i can use 3 dfferent calls for them (button hold, button press, double press)
there's a 'application' loop in which almost everything app based happens (doesn't run in low power modes though) (also in RAM)
each 'application' has it's own RAM storage (10x uint8_t, 10x uint32_t) and it's own icon
'apps' can also set things like screen brighness (in %, with a intervaltimer for nice fading)
there is a rather big set of commands available as well, but it's not complete
code size (in teensy 3 (xx)mhz optimized mode): <90kb
code size (in teensy 3 (xx)mhz non-optimized mode): <60kb

so, to sum it all up, it's a pretty nice, yet big project (to me)
and i am wondering on how i can improve it..

work that is in progress as of now:
widgets (like progress bars, spinners, also your ideas? :) )
hardware design (pcb's !)

currently on the todo list is:
rtc usage, i'm currently missing stuff like setting time/date and thertc osc is not installed in my setup
usage of a accelerometer (lsm303) (don't have any for now)
bluetooth interaction (bc118) (don't have any for now)*
interfacing with the spi flash ic and putting data on it using a pc (like apps to be interpreted) (don't have any for now)
code interpreter
casing, 3D printable
applications to be ran as isr (in background, like counters) if possible
application bluetooth interacting if possible

*=if someone wants to help on the android part of the project, please contact me, sincei don't know anything about android programming (java)! :)

any ideas and suggestions are welcome, and if possible, post details on it as well, and why i should implement it. :)
and if anyone wants to help in code dev, please let me know (warn: it's a little bit spaghetti code :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back