audio adaptor + teensie 3.2: did I blow A0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB

Hi I have the Audio Adaptor hooked up to a Teensie 3.2 and have been working through the tutorial - nicely done. It really helps to get a handle on the audio library.

Unfortunately, I accidentally wired one of the pots to A0 instead of A1 (I was off by one on all 3 pots), :( ) and after playing back from the SD card for about 15 minutes, the SD card stopped working (can't read sd card in the serial monitor). I believe it wound up shorting pin 14 to gnd or 3.3V when I fiddled with the pot on A0. Either way, it probably didn't like it. It looks like that pin goes to SCLK on the SD card so the symptom makes sense. damn, need to be more careful. After I realized that, I ran through the tests that don't use the sd card and they seem to work ok.

Assuming pin 14 is shot, is there a way to use an alternate pin to get the SD card to work? I've looked through the SD libraries but still haven't found where the SCLK pin gets used. Hints, anyone? Waste of time? I'd hate to junk this teensie but it's not the end of the world...

[edit] It looks like the AA uses the SCLK alternate pin, is there a way to use the "standard" - D13 which is "RX" but goes through a "bridgable" pair of pads. Does the AA/SGTL5000 use RX?

Last edited:
Moving the Sck for the SD card to pin 13 is easy enough, but unsure how you move the RX data for the audio board off pin 13 first. Would have to look in the library for how the control scheme for the audio IC is working given it's using I2C for most of it's interface.

Thanks. I'm just going to use that board for another project that doesn't 14. Fortunately, I bought extras...

The bottom side of the audio shield has some pads you can cut apart, if you want to disconnect the SGTL5000's I2S output signal from pin 13. Or if you're using pins between the 2 boards, you could just cut away that pin. Without that signal, you can play sounds to the headphones and line-out, but you can't get the sound from the line-in or mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back