Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: TeensyTransfer

Thanks, should have googled that one harder. Got the rebuilt executable to run, but having the same problems. Just to clarify, this doesn't need any hardware to run correctly, other than the Teensy and prop shield, yes? Would extra wiring mess it up?

Also to clarify, by format do you just mean erase it? Or is there extra stuff to do before the flash will accept uploads?

Quote Originally Posted by zenby View Post
    Thanks, should have googled that one harder. Got the rebuilt executable to run, but having the same problems. Just to clarify, this doesn't need any hardware to run correctly, other than the Teensy and prop shield, yes? Would extra wiring mess it up?

Also to clarify, by format do you just mean erase it? Or is there extra stuff to do before the flash will accept uploads?
    Extra wiring should not make a difference.

Note, I am not the author of of Teensy Transfer (FrankB is). Typically format means to recreate the file system in the flash.

I assume you have installed the UDEV rules on your system?

You might want to watch the system log message to see what kinds of log messages are going by. On older systems, you would create a new terminal window and do:
    Code:
    sudo tail -f /var/log/messages
    On newer systems you might want to use:
    Code:
    journalctl -f

Quote Originally Posted by zenby View Post
    Alright, I'm getting a communication error only when I try writing things to the prop shield. I have erased the chip; -l and -i don't give me communication errors. And after I get a communication error I have to unplug it and plug it back in to fix the connection. Any ideas?
    Sorry propshield+TeensyTransfer is still not working for you.

1) can you attach a photo of your setup (wiring and soldering)

2) Do the SerialFlash examples work? Examples > SerialFlash > ... first run EraseEverything, then RawHardWareTest (what does RawHardwareTest write on monitor?), then EraseEverything and ListFiles (you may need to run other examples to put files on SerialFlash, or create your own file creation sketch) Note: if you want to run RawHardwareTest again, you must run EraseEverything first. And run EraseEverything before starting to create files.

3) For TeensyTransfer you have to build and load Examples > TeeensyTransfer > teensytransfertool and in Tools you must change USB Type to Raw HID. What does teensytransfer -i report? teensytransfer -l ? teensytransfer yourfile ?

4) if you get errors, can you paste into your post the actual messages
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propshield_headers.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	12229
    Last edited by manitou; 12-10-2017 at 11:29 AM.