Best library for BME280 with t3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxgeek

I've used a BMP280 sensor, but not the BME280, which is basically the same sensor with additional humidity sensing.

Anyone used a library for this sensor that can use i2c and edit the configuration?

I've used this one before for the bmp280 and it works well. I just remove the BNO055 stuff:
https://github.com/kriswiner/BNO-055/blob/master/BNO055+BMP280_Basic_AHRS_t3.ino

onehorse, if you read this, any possibility of adding BME280 capabilities to your code base?

onehorse, yours works great. And very easy for me to follow. You should consider creating a library out of it. If I end up working with it for awhile, I'll probably end up making a library out of it. If you're ok with that, I'll share it when I'm done.

I tested it on an LC and using the 2nd set of i2c pins and it worked. I'm going to rewrite it so that I pass Wire or Wire1. Should be an easy way of getting 2 of the same sensor working.

Glad it was of some use, please feel free to create a library out of the functions I wrote and share.

I am looking forward to trying out the BME680; Bosch is supposed to be working on getting me a datasheet and samples to play with. I'll post results when I get them...

Oh, those look very interesting. Amazing what they are fitting into that tiny sensor.

Any word on when those will be available? It looks like the announcement was awhile back.

Don't know when they might show up on Mouser or Digikey, but I have asked for samples and i will post the results of any testing I get to do as well as the sketch and board design I use to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back