"Teensy Loader could not find the file geo.cpp" Error compiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

Arduino 1.65 and Teensyduino 1.24

I have a file geo.ino shich includes a lot of code. It fills 90% code capacity with 25% data capacity.

Sometimes I can compile and upload, yet other times I get:

"Teensy Loader could not find the file geo.cpp
Error compiling."

Sometimes it works consistently and then it will start with the error for a few times before working.

Any ideas?

Sorry but way too much code to include.

Since code not presentable - Any chance you could upgrade to IDE 1.6.8 ? If only a temp UNZIP to a fresh Arduino directory with TeensyDuino install and try it there? 1.6.5 was not around long - and the build model has evolved so that might offer a fix? If it is the IDE - it would likely only get fixed going forward. The only build oddity I saw was different where a build file would get left open in some case -needing overwrite to recompile- and Paul re-did the TIME library #include nesting to correct that.

Sometimes I can compile and upload, yet other times I get:

"Teensy Loader could not find the file geo.cpp
Error compiling."

Sometimes it works consistently and then it will start with the error for a few times before working.

Any ideas?

Teensy Loader has a Verbose Info option hidden in the Help menu. It can show you the communication Teensy Loader is getting from Arduino. Buried in there should be the full filename and pathname to the .HEX file Arduino created. The pathname is likely to be some obscure temporary folder name.

You could start by looking in that location right after the error, to see if Arduino really did put the HEX file in that location.

It probably won't help, but you could also try with the latest software version. Quite a lot changed between 1.6.5 and 1.6.6 in how Arduino compiles your program.

If you gain any insight into the problem, I hope you'll post a followup. Or if you'd like me to investigate, I'll the code and other details like which OS & version to even start to try to reproduce the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back