Does Teensy lock the flash memory ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum ...
Of course I will buy spare ! Lot of them ;) ( currently I only have 3 board but I can sacrifice one to test!! )
But before trying anything I want to fully understand each step of what I am trying to do.

And currently I don't understand the flash_write(const uint16_t *code, uint32_t addr, uint32_t data) function...

I believe that I understand the FSEC register, I read what bytes I should overwrite in the datasheet ... => 0xEC ( MEEN part of FSEC register set to 10 )
I took the register address you gave => 0x40c

So if I understood well the theory I just should put the correct data ( 0xEC ) in the correct spot of the flash ( address 0x40c ) ...
To do so I should use the function that I don't fully understand yet : flash_write ...

What part seems not correct according to you ? My usage of the flash_write function with the " do_flash_cmd[] = {
0x2380, 0x7003, 0x7803, 0xb25b, 0x2b00, 0xdafb, 0x4770}; " wich is what is writed in the eeprom.c ??? Or the two informations I plan to use: address and data ?

Remember, my main and only recommendation is not to do this at all.

But if you are going to try anyway, you really should read the flash memory chapter of the reference manual.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/datasheets.html

In the MK20DX256 manual, that's chapter 28 starting on page 563.

You can probably skip or skim the parts about "FlexNVM" and "FlexRAM". But the rest is critically important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back