Wireless ArtNet w/ 3 Teensy's for 3 live actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal: 3 live actors with ~300 pixels per actor, connected wirelessly to PC, each actor being the continuation of a single output, creating one "screen".

Items to accomplish: 3 Teensy 3.2's, 3 TP-Link TL-WR702N's in client mode attached to WIZ820io's for each Teensy, 3 WIZ820io adaptor boards, 3 x 15a 12v->5v regulators powered by 3000mah 11.1v lipos (total run time ~4 mintues), one wireless router as the hub, one PC running pixel control software.

1) has anyone successfully implemented using a pocket router such as the TL-WR702N?
2) Is it possible to have each Teensy be a separate universe when mapped correctly with a pixel control software? Just a change in the code for each Teensy telling each which universe to listen to?
3) Has this scenario or a combination of this scenario been done before, and is it possible with existing code? Assume using the OctoWS2811 library..

hi , i m working with videomapping on live graffiti.
I m using madmapper to project videos on the paintings and DMX (wired) protocols to make ledmapping.
My goal is to use also the graffiti artist as someone to put led on, with madmapper software i could synchronize videomapping with ledmapping, (that i would put for example on his mask).
i m quite new with teensy 's and artnet but i m interested in learning how to mapp leds trough wifi with artnet protocol , using teensy's. Didn't find any tutorial about that , except this one http://goo.gl/tmXdBi ,
but it doesn t explain the wireless part of my problem....

thks in advance if you have any clue to do that.

Thanks nlecaude - I took the chance and bought the TP-Links and grabbed the WIZ820io's. Should have the equipment in hand by tomorrow and testing.

Morzoule - the ethernet adaptor (WIZ820io) plus the TP-link is the the part that you would be interested in if it does work. Other wireless solutions haven't worked well or not had enough data bandwidth or too short of range. This seems to be more promising..

I've used a TP-Link 703N and MR2030, both similar to your 702N. I've connected the Teensys either by USB-serial or by soldering to the router's serial pins. I replaced the router firmware with OpenWRT.

I'm using a rig like this to monitor the amount of sunlight to compare with the output of our PV system. OpenWRT may not work for your hardware because the flash is too small.

Last edited:
Tested the TP Link tonight in client mode with my partially functioning array. Good news is that it does connect and receives the artnet output as expected. From power up to a good link takes about 40 seconds, so if anyone else tries this method, be sure to give the TPLink enough time to negotiate before giving up! (I did the first time)

No modifications to code required, setup of TPLink is about as easy as it gets = easy wireless at a pretty affordable price. Next test will be running three of them at the same time to see what if my Asus router can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back