Wiz820io probs, Please check my wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLackburst

Hi
I've transferred a working OSC setup with Teensy 3.1 from a breadboard to a perfboard and the Wiz820io no longer seems to be working.
wiz820io Wiringsmall.jpg

I've checked with a meter that there are no power shorts and visually there are no other shorts(some are close but ok).

Uploading the standard OSC sendbundle example, plugged into switch, no lights on the Wiz820io. What am I missing?
Could the Wiz820io have been damaged, if so how do i verify this in-place?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm powering the Wiz with the Teensy's Vin, rather than 3.3, so I thought I'd try it with the 3.3 and I get a slow flash on my ethernet switch but no lights on the Wiz and no OSC. It was working from Vin in the breadboard though. I did buy a couple of the adapter boards but they make the whole setup quite high, which I was trying to avoid.

I'm powering the Wiz with the Teensy's Vin, rather than 3.3, so I thought I'd try it with the 3.3 and I get a slow flash on my ethernet switch but no lights on the Wiz and no OSC. It was working from Vin in the breadboard though. I did buy a couple of the adapter boards but they make the whole setup quite high, which I was trying to avoid.
Wiznet ethernet chips consume a lot of current. Take peek at the specs.

I'm powering the Wiz with the Teensy's Vin, rather than 3.3

This connection will very likely destroy your WIZ820io board. :(

When running from USB, the VIN pin normally as 5 volts. If you apply more than about 3.9 volts to the WIZ820 power pins, you'll almost certainly kill the W5200 chip.

Maybe get a spare WIZ820 and make sure it never gets more than 3.3V for power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back