Teensy 3.1 / adafruit 1.77" tft

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrSny

Hi all

I got this TFT display 1.77" ADAFRUIT ROBOT LCD

Webpage indicates ST7735 controller, so

Using IDE 1.6.9 teensyduino 1.29 beta 1
Loaded examples from TEENSYDUINO / ADAFRUIT for ST77356 (graphictest)

NO JOY on display. SD CARD works on sketches that load .bmp files from sdcard but just lines blocks flickering on display
thus I believe the SPI interface works but commands to display is suspect

I got hold of spec-sheet for the display from chinese company. They specify ILI9163 controller

My question..... Is the ILI9163 compatible to the ST7735?

------------------------

I also tried the TFT9163 examples but they report it cant be compiled for teensy 3.x ?????

Please help. Thanx in advance

Last edited:
Arduino_Display_pinouts.jpg

Photo of the display

I don't have the display, so probably can not help much.

But it would help if included some additional information, like which pins of the Teensy go to which pins of your display. Are you using the Adafruit_ST7735 library that can be downloaded as part of Teensyduino?

If you are using the Teensyduino version, if you look at the graphictest.ino file you will see:
Code:
// This Teensy3 native optimized version requires specific pins
//
#define sclk 13  // SCLK can also use pin 14
#define mosi 11  // MOSI can also use pin 7
#define cs   10  // CS & DC can use pins 2, 6, 9, 10, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23
#define dc   9   //  but certain pairs must NOT be used: 2+10, 6+9, 20+23, 21+22
#define rst  8   // RST can use any pin
#define sdcs 4   // CS for SD card, can use any pin

Thanx for responses

- The device is 126x160 pixels. It also has a GREEN TAB film on the screen. On the back it indicates ARDUINO ROBOT LCD.
- Our local supplier's website indicates a ST7735 with links to ADAFRUIT. {www.robotics.org.za/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=138}
- I used the pin allocation as per ST7735 examples. The SPI works to the SD CARD
- Yes I use the library from TEENSYDUINO

Can you post a photo showing how you've actually connected the wires?

This display really should work with the Adafruit_ST7735 library supplied by Teensyduino (which is highly optimized... much faster than Adafruit's original).

Thanx all.

I got the display working with sumotoy's IL9163 library.

THUS the supplier was at fault to specify ST7735 controller.

Thanx all for inputs

Hello.

I had a question. In the pin #define statements there is a define for mosi but no define for miso. How come ? What if someone wants to read data from the sd card ? In the original adafruit libraries both mosi and miso were defined.

// This Teensy3 native optimized version requires specific pins
//
#define sclk 13 // SCLK can also use pin 14
#define mosi 11 // MOSI can also use pin 7
#define cs 10 // CS & DC can use pins 2, 6, 9, 10, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23
#define dc 9 // but certain pairs must NOT be used: 2+10, 6+9, 20+23, 21+22
#define rst 8 // RST can use any pin
#define sdcs 4 // CS for SD card, can use any pin

I am talking about the examples for the teensy optimized codes

Last edited:
I know this is a noob question but I was just curious as I want to do a mini project of connecting the teensy to a ov7675 camera and this display shield and capture/display photos

I can't really comment on the specific example you are asking about since you did not include the whole program or a link (see Forum Rule) perhaps it is an example with no read need?

SPI on Teensy LC and T3 works with pins identified on the cards there are library calls to set both MOSI/MISO the T-LC supports two SPI busses
The card identifies the primary and alternate pins allowed.

Does this help answer your Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back