Error message installing Teenyduino on windows 10

Rlake

Received error!!! Unable to write changes to "lib/pde.jar" replacing object"processing/app/editor$55.class"
Resolved by running Teenyduino as windows 7

This was repeatable, and would not work as windows 8
windows 10 pro
version 1511
os build 10586,318

Tried on both arduino 1.6.8 and 1.6.9 finally installed on ..8.
Teensyduinoinstall.exe was 68,397k, and was downloaded several times.

If you need a image of the error, please contact me.

My first experience with teensy. Hope the rest of my project goes well.

I've not seen this on my Win 10 system through IDE 1.68 and TeensyInstaller 1.28 since I put Win10 on last year.

Was this on a clean boot - or only after running the IDE or other JAVA app? I wonder if Java was orphaned in memory and that was blocking? Maybe the effort to 'run as Win7' forced Windows to kill that process off?

Downloading 1.29 now - will update is it shows any issue.

NO PROBLEM - with IDE closed :: Just did an install of TeensyInstaller 1.29b1 - and I forced this error by leaving my six copies of the IDE open.

I got that exact error. If you attempted to close the IDE - there must have been as suggested some orphaned shard of JAVA left.

Paul: I did BACK after the error when I closed the IDE's - ( it hung a strangely long time on ?> Wtype.c <?) - then proceeded some time and failed for the same reason.
A: > Can you do an IDE open check up front?
B: > There is no point in 'Back' as something has passed a critical point - at least on this error. Perhaps say 'Close All JAVA' and retry then exit?

BTW: My OS type and version is the same and has been up just over an hour short of two weeks: Statistics since 5/11/2016 12:17:43 AM

A: > Can you do an IDE open check up front?

Maybe, but I have no idea how I'd detect some remnant of Java still running and holding the jar file open long after you've quit Arduino and the IDE's window is gone.

Before I could even begin to work on this, I'd need a reliable way to recreate this circumstance on my Windows 10 test machine. Any ideas?

This may not be the case, but just in case it is:

Was wondering where Arduino was installed? i.e. did you use the normal windows installer or did you use the zip file install?

If windows installer, did you try running teensyduino as Administrator? Open downloads folder and then right click on Teensyduino and choose the run as administrator.

KurtE may have something - I do ZIP 'extracts' - but I still have an urge to run T_Installer 'as administrator' - maybe since I started with IDE 'install' and got yelled at for writing to Programs folder? And that may be something that 'Win_7' compatibility install does?

Maybe, but I have no idea how I'd detect some remnant of Java still running and holding the jar file open long after you've quit Arduino and the IDE's window is gone.

... Any ideas?

Anyhow - as for an idea - is there one single command/file you issue when you want to stomp the JAR files? Is there a way you can emulate that up front - perhaps when the directory is selected? Try a rename or file open write?

Thanks for the support

I am sure that it is a system problem as I have had problems installing other software.
Thanks for the help!!!

Back