Breaking out the Reset Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongrol

Hi All,
Is the RST pad on the underside of the Teensy 3.2 comparable to the reset button. If I extended this out with a switch to GND would it serve the same purpose? I'm about to bury my Teensy in an enclosure and would still like the reset functionality.

Hi All,
Is the RST pad on the underside of the Teensy 3.2 comparable to the reset button. If I extended this out with a switch to GND would it serve the same purpose? I'm about to bury my Teensy in an enclosure and would still like the reset functionality.

The button is not "Reset" - if you want the same functionality as the button, use the program-pin (look at your teensy-card)

Frank

It is probably best to bring both reset (pad underneath Teensy 3.1/3.2, but not LC) and program (pin on the back of the Teensy) out with a ground pin. Since there are times when you just want to reset the Teensy (with no programming) and other times when you need to get the Teensy into program mode. Connect both reset/program with a momentary button to the ground pin.

Thanks all. I see it perfectly now. Shame I didn't plan for this when I cut the enclosure. Need to get teh drill and tape out now. :)

Looking at this linked page I saw this note just above in "Pinouts" - not sure if this question is worthy of another thread - in any case I'll put this thread on the Wiki links page as it highlights/extends the card info:

Pins 6, 9, 15, and 20-21 can still have SPI chip select capability, but the labels were removed to simplify the pinout card. Currently no libraries use the native chip selects. However, a new SPIFIFO library is in development.

In comparing the T_3.1 and T_3.2 the only dropped "CS Green SPI" pin labels are '6' and "22-23"

Question: does the quoted text above read correctly or should it say:

Pins 6, 9, 15, and 22-23 can still have SPI chip select capability, but the labels were removed to simplify the pinout card. Currently no libraries use the native chip selects. However, a new SPIFIFO library is in development.

Also note that pins 9 and 15 still have the "CS Green SPI" pin indication so it isn't clear why they are in the quoted text group?

Last edited:
Sounds like something for a new thread.

Comments sound very much out of date as the SPI library now has methods
pinIsChipSelect with the option of 1 or 2 parameters, that allow for these pins and it is used iin the ILI9341_t3 library and I see references for it in:
RA8875 and TFT_ILI9136C library as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back