Kinetis IDEs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoamor

Hi guys,

For various reasons, mainly that I need a second SPI, I'm using the larger 100 pin K20DX256VLL7.

Now looking around for ways of programming this I've decided on the SEGGER J-link but I haven't quite decided what IDE I want to use. I've had a look at Kinetis Design Studio but it seems to want to handle way more than I like, I'd much rather write my own peripheral drivers.

Is there a more minimalist setup that just handles the watchdog and clock startup routines?

Many thanks,
Xen

Why not use teensyduino and edit the files (=add the second spi -should be nearly the same as the first, so copy &paste...)

I did strongly consider it. I actually think SPI2 is actually already in the sourcecode

I've found these things called PDD macros in KDS though which suit my needs. Using the graphical hardware pin/mux selections and the GUI for clock scalers for initialisations and then things like SPI_PDD_WriteData8Bits(SPI1_BASE_PTR, 0xAA); for the grunt work seems to work well

If I need anything reasonably complex I'll port some of the Teensy libraries over. I do like Paul's attempt at making DMA channels easier to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back