K66 Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've built a few of the ethernet boards from oshpark for teensy 3.6. I seem to recall reading that the pins need to be offset to connect to the teensy, but I cannot seem to now find that reference.

so, can someone point me to a picture of both boards together?

thanks,
tim

If my memory serves me, it is somewhere in this thread and is something like: if the usb connector is on the left, move the ehternet board such as the pins go all the way to the right hand side of the pins, such that the RJ45 connector should align up with the left(USB) side of the Teensy

I've built a few of the ethernet boards from oshpark for teensy 3.6. I seem to recall reading that the pins need to be offset to connect to the teensy, but I cannot seem to now find that reference.

so, can someone point me to a picture of both boards together?

thanks,
tim

ok, pic attached. does this look right to you guys? I just want to make sure before applying power.

The lowest board is an adapter I did that directly accepts teensy 3.2 to interface to arduino form factor. Been using it for a while now.

Attachments

• teensy 3_6 and ethernet.jpg
    teensy 3_6 and ethernet.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 159
Yes looks good. The Ether board edges should line up with the T3.6 Board edges and the RJ45 socket be above the USB socket.

However you are missing a few pins at the SD end that are needed for the Ether board. Specifically pin 28,27 and 3v3/GND.

You may also want to bring up the Prog pin as the Push button is now quite inaccessible.

Last edited:
Yes looks good. The Ether board edges should line up with the T3.6 Board edges and the RJ45 socket be above the USB socket.

However you are missing a few pins at the SD end that are needed for the Ether board. Specifically pin 28,27 and 3v3/GND.

You may also want to bring up the Prog pin as the Push button is now quite inaccessible.

Yes, you need 28,27, but i think 3v3/grnd is connected (between 12/24 and dac1/13)

and just setting the PCB on the pins is likely to fail -- need to solder

Applying power, the PCB LEDs won't light unless you have a live ether cable into the RJ45, then you should have two
green LEDs on

Last edited:
Cool - the Manitou linked post above is there on post #8 - the second one below.
Notes on additional Hardware:
PJRC Beta ethernet shield fits with the PCB
Ethernet shield testing on K66 sticky post

As long as the side pins are there like the picture you are good - that is what the Beta board from PJRC was like - and that line of cross pins on shield lines up with the line on the T_3.6 at the SD when mounted

Yes, you need 28,27, but i think 3v3/grnd is connected (between 12/24 and dac1/13)

I would not rely entirely on the pin between 12/24 as your only source of 3v3 as that is only connecting the other 3v3 pin via the through hole plating and a very small trace. There are a few other parts of the board that are feeding off the middle 3v, specifically the main transceiver IC. The below PCB routing shows this.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Der Paul,
K66 would be nice for a Virtual Pipe Organ software. With 512k SRAM 200 MHZ
and I would like to contribute
Does the audio library can support now such application ?
Thanks,
Pascal

I would not rely entirely on the pin between 12/24 as your only source of 3v3 as that is only connecting the other 3v3 pin via the through hole plating and a very small trace. There are a few other parts of the board that are feeding off the middle 3v, specifically the main transceiver IC. The below PCB routing shows this.
View attachment 8749

wow, that is some skinny traces on the supply lines, not something I would build knowingly.

Has anyone done power consumption measurements on the combo teensy 3.6 and ethernet? I'd like to see if I can move to a regulator smaller than that giant TO-220.

View attachment 8749

wow, that is some skinny traces on the supply lines, not something I would build knowingly.

Has anyone done power consumption measurements on the combo teensy 3.6 and ethernet? I'd like to see if I can move to a regulator smaller than that giant TO-220.

@LERAY. Which VPO do you think is going to fit in 512kB? I have some of the smaller VPO sample sets and even with those, the WAV file for a single pipe is around 1024MB.

Pete

From KS page::
Technical Features & Specifications
Features specific to Teensy 3.6:
180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
1M Flash, 256K RAM, 4K EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back