K66 Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my cheat sheet:
Code:
7	129	C4	PTD2/LLWU_P13	DISABLED		PTD2/LLWU_P13	SPI0_SOUT	UART2_RX	FTM3_CH2	FB_AD4/SDRAM_A12		I2C0_SCL

FYI - I went through the core_pins.h file and I have found the same pin mapping as you mentioned.

Yes, I see there are problems with other pins, too (?) (starting with PIN0 !)
Code:
95 E10 B10 62 PTB16 DISABLED PTB16 SPI1_SOUT UART0_RX FTM_CLKIN0 FB_AD17 EWM_IN
Edit.. ok..makes sense if UART0 is RX1/TX1

Edit:
But, then.. PIN 3:
Code:
64 K9 PTA12 CMP2_IN0 CMP2_IN0 PTA12 CAN0_TX FTM1_CH0 RMII0_RXD1/MII0_RXD1 I2C2_SCL I2S0_TXD0 FTM1_QD_
There is I2C_SCL, not SDA.

Edit Pin4, similar problem..

I assume, there is a little bug .) Either in the list, or in the code..

Last edited:
Thanks for pouring over the pin descriptions. I'll edit later this week.

As for the native pins, I can tell you the code on github absolutely does match the hardware. I personally tested all 10 round 1 boards with a hand-wired 42 LED shield and a simple sketch that blinks all 40 pins and the 2 DACs in sequence.

If I seem a little distracted, rest assured it's with a *lot* of relevant stuff. These last couple days I did a quick first attempt at an ethernet shield, using a LAN8720A chip. Submitted it to OSH Park just this morning and ordered all the missing parts from Digikey. While I imagine it'll be a year until we have really good, usable networking, before absolutely finalizing the beta test I want to receive just 1 ethernet packet, even if only a broadcast ARP and ICMP (ping) datagram. There'll be a couple extra boards, if anyone *really* wants to dig into the low-level ethernet stuff.

On shields, a package just arrived today from OSH Park for a 40 LED shield. We're going to start hand soldering these 9 boards tomorrow. Another group with 42 LEDs is coming later...

first attempt at an ethernet shield... Submitted it to OSH Park just this morning and ordered all the missing parts from Digikey. While I imagine it'll be a year until we have really good, usable networking, before absolutely finalizing the beta test I want to receive just 1 ethernet packet, even if only a broadcast ARP and ICMP (ping) datagram. There'll be a couple extra boards, if anyone *really* wants to dig into the low-level ethernet stuff.

Well, in an earlier life I did a lot of TCP/UDP/IP testing, so if I can be of assistance ...

Interesting Info:

K66:
- The Drive-Strength setting works for PTB0/PTB1, PTC3/PTC4, PTD4-PTD7 only
- Digital Glitch Filter: Port D only

- DMA: 32 Channels

K64:
- The Drive-Strength setting: All pins (??? or "bug" in manual ?)
- Digital Glitch Filter: Port D only

- DMA 16 Channels

Last edited:
I've long thought that it would be wise to build educational boards with a few pins that have extra protection (eg, a resistor and a BAT54S). Then encourage beginners to use these pins.

> Can you stick a few solder points on for PTA0/3 (SWD_CLK/SWD_DIO)?

I would also like to see this.

Works and blinks faster:)

hehe.. had a well-known-problem.... first attempt...with a usb-charging cable..

@all: you need a usb-MINI cable for the beta-board, not micro.

Edit:

- FastCRC: Works .

- My "Coremark"-sketch with the gcc 4.8 -compiler (192 MHz) (note: integer only):
Code:
2K performance run parameters for coremark.
CoreMark Size    : 666
Total ticks      : 16824
Total time (secs): 16.824000
Iterations/Sec   : 356.633381
Iterations       : 6000
Compiler version : GCC4.8.4 20140725 (release) [ARM/embedded-4_8-branch revision 213147]
Compiler flags   : 
Memory location  : STACK
seedcrc          : 0xe9f5
[0]crclist       : 0xe714
[0]crcmatrix     : 0x1fd7
[0]crcstate      : 0x8e3a
[0]crcfinal      : 0xa14c
Correct operation validated. See readme.txt for run and reporting rules.
CoreMark 1.0 :[B] 356.633381[/B] / GCC4.8.4 20140725 (release) [ARM/embedded-4_8-branch revision 213147]  / STACK
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/29017-Cxxmark-Compiler-Performance-LC-3-1?highlight=coremark

Last edited:
I got my Beta-testboard !
It is luxurious! :)

Congratulations Frank!
Mine is still 5 miles away where it has been for about 24 hours - at the local post office - after over 200 miles traveling the package needed to rest . . . wait it got done sorting . . . soon . . .

Mine should arrive later today as well. Hopefully I will get into town (9 miles away) to pick it up maybe around noon :D

ILI9341_t3 library: Works

Edit:

...tried F_BUS overclocking @192 MHz..
SIM_CLKDIV1_OUTDIV2(1) works. 0 not :) (Too fast for the Display or perhaps the the "long" wires, but the Teensy runs happily with SIM_CLKDIV1_OUTDIV2(0) )

Last edited:
Should we coordinate library testing / porting with a list in this thread or via github-issues?

So right Frank: I got my Beta-testboard ! It is luxurious!

Did I miss notes on what speeds USB will work at? USB works at 192MHz or any speed tested at 96 or over, except 180MHz? At 180 MHz Win_10 says it saw a bad USB device.

Quite a few times I had to button push to upload? Though now with IDE SerMon online at 192MHz it is working.
Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.

Happy Birthday !
180MHz: Maybe there is a trick and the IRC48 clock canbe used somehow.

just for fun, i tried 240 MHz... works.. (but not with SIM_CLKDIV1_OUTDIV4(8); instead value 7 works (?))

Edit:
...but F_BUS with 240MHz does not work :) Oh, there is indeed a limit.. :)

Last edited:
Happy Birthday !
180MHz: Maybe there is a trick and the IRC48 clock canbe used somehow.

just for fun, i tried 240 MHz... works.. (but not with SIM_CLKDIV1_OUTDIV4(8); instead value 7 works (?))

Edit:
...but F_BUS with 240MHz does not work :) Oh, there is indeed a limit.. :)

You should slow down before you get a ticket :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back