Prop Shield Angular Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyros output rotation as degrees per second. 360 degrees per circumference, 360 x 2 x radius of wheel = length traveled in one revolution. So easy to translate between degrees per second to length per second.

Was this your question?

Dont you need to covert to radians per second first?

X deg/sec * pi rad/180 deg * radius = length/sec

Also op your angular velocity is deg/sec (it is the rate of rotation). Your linear velocity is from the above eqn and corresponds to how fast the center of a wheel of radius r translates when it rolls on the ground with angular velocity x

The raw gryoscope data already is degrees per second.

Usually the raw data from the gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer are fed into a filter algorithm. The filter's output is improved orientation data, which can be in radians/sec or degrees/sec, or quaternions.

The raw gryoscope data already is degrees per second.

Paul - Not sure if that was directed at me or OP, but just wanted to clarify I meant if you have deg per sec and you want length per second of a wheel, you have to convert the deg per sec to rad per sec before you multiply by the radius. I was just correcting the post above me which I think incorrectly stated deg per sec * radius = length per sec. It think it should be deg per sec * (pi/180.0) * radius = length per second

I agree with the filter comment though, I think kalman filters are popular for this kind of application? Or an iir for frequency content isn't too hard to implement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back