What to Do with Reset Pin on MKL26 when Removed From Teensy-LC board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, again.

Forgive me if this answer exists on the forum, I believe I saw it once, but now I cannot find it...

So I've got the MKL26 micro on a separate board with all the necessary Teensyduino programming pins broken out to a connector and I program the MKL26 with a Teensy-LC board minus the MKL26. This all works really well.

The first one that I programmed wouldn't run the code, after programming and disconnecting from the Teensy-LC remains, until I pulled the RESET_B pin on the MKL26 high. So I've just been soldering a jumper to pull that RESET_B pin high after I program the MKL26.

Today, I programmed another MKL26 the same way as before, and after I disconnected the Teensy-LC remains but before I pulled the RESET_B pin high, the program is running fine... with the RESET_B pin left floating.

Does anyone know which way ought to be the correct way?

Thank you.
-Joe

The reset pin should be left floating. It has an internal pullup resistor.

You should *not* short the reset pin to 3.3V. It's an open drain bidirectional signal, where the chip briefly pulls the pin low when/if the chip performs a reset.

Oh shoot...interesting. Thanks, again.

Any ideas why the program wouldn't initially run until I pulled the RESET_B pin high the first time? I know it wasn't actually running because the first thing it does is turn on some bright LEDs.

Edit: Hmm, maybe I had a weak short to gnd on the RESET_B pin on that particular board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back