Teensy_reboot.exe stacking, 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohnoitsaninja

I'm on Win7-64 with a i7-4770k

Yesterday I was programming a teensy-lc and maple mini through separate instances of the arduino IDE both open on the same machine at the same time, all was well and good, except occasionally the teensy usb serial connecting was acting up and often needed the button to successfully upload program. My programming process is pretty iterative, each board was reprogrammed a couple dozen+ times over a several hours, without ever unplugging their usb cables.

Last night I noticed my tower was running hot but didn't think much of it, closed all programs and put windows into sleep I and went to bed. This morning, awake the computer and notice my browsing is running really slow, and task manager is reporting 100% cpu usage from 5 instances of Teensy_reboot.exe, though there were no arduino/teensy windows to be seen. Ending each of the tasks resolved the issue.

I suspect this stacking up had something to do with the issues I was coming into yesterday. It's a manageable enough bug, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help figure it out if/when it reoccurs. This isn't the first time I've seem similar usb serial connecting symptoms show up when programming just the LC, but first time to ever hit my CPU like that or find old processes sticking around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back