Teensy 3.1... does it have a FTDI Chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it require any coding.. or I can bypass the controller chip itself, and only use it to reach the max485?

For X reason, FReestyler cannot seem to read the teensy.

I am unsure of FReestyler, but for example if you have a Linux machine, they often talk to the FTDI chips through device names like:
/dev/ttyUSB0 (or USB1...). When you wish to talk to a Teensy 3.1 or many Arduino boards they create devices with a name like:
/dev/ttyACM0 (or 1...)

Also there are differences in the underlying Linux drivers as well, for example in the IOCTLS they support. Again don't have enough information to suggest changes.

Good Luck

Thats the thing.. Im not really using any sketch if Id be using an older arduino.

So Im wondering if this applies to the same here on the teensy.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible with a teensy?

http://fritzing.org/projects/arduino-to-dmx-converter/

From what I see from your link it is only a HW-level RS 485 adapter, which you can connect to teensy but needs to be a 3.3 V version and not 5V)
I cannot talk about SW driver to handle DMX protocol. If there is a good Arduino program, you can port it. Paul spent a lot of time to make Teensy backward compatible to Arduino. If there are too many HW specific commands in the driver, you have to convert AVR to ARM yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back