WIZ820io on different pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoffman

Hi all,

I'm progressing slowly on my project (not much time to work), and I've hit a roadblock. I'm trying to move the WIZ820io's SCLK pin from 13 (as used in the adapter board) to pin 14 (as used in the audio board).

Close to the top of my setup() I have the following:

Code:
  SPI.setSCK(SPI_SCK_PIN);

Earlier in the code I have:

Code:
#define SPI_SCK_PIN   14

This is clearly working, as I can change the definition from 13 to 14 and it works...but not as well. When I use 13, the ArtNet receive code I'm testing with works great. When I change SCLK to 14 it will initialize, receive some values (the number of packets seems to be a bit random), then freeze. Usually it glitches right before the freeze and shows the wrong value (I'm dumping 8 channel values to serial just to verify it's receiving correctly).

I have already moved RESET to pin 5 and CS to pin 6. I am using 12 as MISO and 11 as MOSI.

Is there some reason why pin 14 would act differently than pin 13? I'm a bit stuck on this one.

Thank you!

Josh

Just wanted to post a follow up to this. I finally have it working, though I'm not entirely sure why.

I had time to mess with this again today, and I repeated the above findings. With MISO as 12, MOSI as 11, and SCLK as 13 everything worked. With SCLK as 14 it would work for awhile, then hang.

I had been planning to move MOSI as well, so I left SCLK as 13, and moved MOSI to 7. Everything worked fine. Then I moved SCLK to 14, and...it worked. I'm not sure if it will fail eventually, but so far it's run for hours long versus the less than 5 minutes to hang like before.

I'm not entirely sure why one way caused that hang, perhaps someday I'll be able to narrow it down. Until then at least this post will maybe be able to help someone else out there.

-j

I also don't like the SPI signal on the LED pin so I always remap SCK to pin 14. Originally I got the same issues as you describe. I finally found out that setting DSE (drive strength enable) on pin 14 solves the issue (at least for me). Never got any problem with SCK on pin 14 since then (using one WIZIO820 an SD Card and an Ocean Spectrometer in parallel). See this old post:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25727-an-FYI-on-remapping-the-Teensy-3-LED-and-using-SPI?p=64289&viewfull=1#post64289

Hi jkoffman,

do you controll LEDs with the OctoWS2811 Adaptor? Im intrested how you cabling the ethernet shield and the the Octo (If you use it).

Sorry for abusing your thread.

I also don't like the SPI signal on the LED pin so I always remap SCK to pin 14. Originally I got the same issues as you describe. I finally found out that setting DSE (drive strength enable) on pin 14 solves the issue (at least for me). Never got any problem with SCK on pin 14 since then (using one WIZIO820 an SD Card and an Ocean Spectrometer in parallel). See this old post:

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25727-an-FYI-on-remapping-the-Teensy-3-LED-and-using-SPI?p=64289&viewfull=1#post64289

Hm, interesting, thank you for that information. I will have to try that at some point. What's weird (at least for me) is that the problem went away when I switched the MOSI pin. Not sure how this would effect the SCK pin, I'll have to look into that further someday!

do you controll LEDs with the OctoWS2811 Adaptor? Im intrested how you cabling the ethernet shield and the the Octo (If you use it).

Hello,

I was only using the Teensy module's built in LED, nothing to do with the Octo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back