Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Serial.print() sometimes does not work

@tni:

I've done some tests using another two brand new Tennsy 3.2 boards with the same results. I even tried on another PC (linux) or using various MCU speeds (48Mhz, 96Mhz).

Finally, I found a solution: I had to use this setting: USB Type = "Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" in the Arduino environment. This way, I've got output on serial console though sometimes I need to restart the serial console to actually get output. I'll try to further tweak the USB serial printing alghorithm (using flush(), send_now() and so on) to get a more reliable communication.

I don't need high data rates (I only send few bytes every two seconds) but I need a reliable link.

Thank you everyone for your time. Now I could do further tests on my RF24 sensor network.

I'd give TYQT a try. At least on Windows the IDE SerMon doesn't always sync on rebuild or button program - which sounds like :: "sometimes I need to restart the serial console to actually get output"

Like Pete I found it to work on windows w/tyqt in my case as:: USB Type = "Serial + Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" and USB Type = "Serial"

Thank God, it works flawlessly for now! Anyway, I only have linux on all my devices (android included) thus I can't test any windows app.

I wonder why it doesn't work with USB Type = "Serial" though as I'm pretty sure I have used it in the past with some Teensy 3.1 boards.